maritzacampos.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FIRST FANART WEBATHON. THANKS FOR PLAYING. SEE THE PRETTY.
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    maritzacampos.com Forum Index -> College Roomies from Hell!!!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Roberto
Rocket Sophomore

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:45 pm    Post subject: FIRST FANART WEBATHON. THANKS FOR PLAYING. SEE THE PRETTY. Reply with quote

Given that Maritza's computer is fried (and probably beyond repair this time), a couple (or more) fanartists have decided to go on a charity-commision project. You can order art (fanart or boardie art) and you'd help Mari in her time of need. *

Fanartists:
Roberto, Chade, Lafay128, Locoluis, Lake Wrangler, Trini545, Ninja Nick, S1, and Kum-El (more may join).
[edited to reflect true order of artist line]
[updated: Lafay entered after Chade got comissioned, therefore he cuts before Lake Wrangler, see rule 3 below]

How to participate:
1. Make a $20 or more donation to Maritza's paypal account (link on crfh.net).
2. Post in this thread "I donated $X to Mari's paypal account. I'd like such character art. The art may be a CRFH character or a boardie, not necessarily of the boardie making the donation (someone may "gift" boardie art to others this way).
3. The fanartists take turns in serving the art orders. I'll take the first, Chade will take the second, I take the third, etc. If a new artist wants to join, he/she will take the next order. This way the workload is shared evenly.
4. Because of busy schedules, the art will not take the excessive amount of hours of the artist's time. Donors should not expect top quality because of this.
5. Fanartists shall deliver 1 piece of work per week. If a fanartist can't meet this obligation, the other fanartists will help him by taking up the art order.
6. If the donor wants, the fanartist will include a note in the art with "Maria, thanks for your $XXX donation" or something to that effect.

If former (or new) fanartists decide to join this cause, that would be great.
[UPDATED]
The offer will be good through December 25st. So, get your donations before or on that date to secure your fanart in the future. Remember, first come, first served, one artpiece per week per artist. If you are the last, you might be waiting well into 2009.
The fanartists are not going to get a penny out of this. All proceedings go to Mari.

*Update. Since Mari's computer is back from the shop, the raised money goes to covering the bill and future computer expenses (or whatever).

Last edited by Roberto on Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:36 am; edited 10 times in total
lake_wrangler
Jumpin' Junior

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as it's not much above one drawing per week, count me in as a fanartist.

But don't you think December 1st is a little too soon to cut it off? That's only six more days!
NinjaNick
Suddenly Senior

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, give it about two weeks or ten days at least.

I'll try to think of a picture to draw. Smile
Chade
Rocket Sophomore

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lake_wrangler wrote:
But don't you think December 1st is a little too soon to cut it off? That's only six more days!

Agreed. I don't mind new fanartists joining whenever they like. The more people the easier is for any one artist to give a pass on a piece of art due to schedule. As for fanart deadline, I'll do this til Mari has the money to repair/buy a computer, however long that takes.
Roberto
Rocket Sophomore

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to have been unclear. The December 1st deadline is for donations. Let's extend it until Dec 25. Fanartists will push themselves to draw one per week, taking turns, until all orders are completed, even if it takes until 2010 (imagine that, 57*20*4=$4560).
Sandit
Way Too Obsessed Sophomore

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's still pushing it a little bit for donations, isn't it? I personally don't have a problem, but was wondering how much difference adding a week do the deadline would make.
lake_wrangler
Jumpin' Junior

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good to me.
s1
Rocket Sophomore

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to help with some art. The only problem I may have is that I work more in the weekends. So when is my turn, in that week, I'll do all the draw in saturday and sunday. I may end at late sunday.

And I must to avoid December's first week because I'll be busy in that week's weekend.

If that's not a problem then I may join.
Kum-El
Jumpin' Junior

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*takes a squeeky mallet to his Artist's Disease. This is for the Godess after all*

Count me in as an artist.
Join the CBTCC!
Roberto
Rocket Sophomore

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Artists enrolled:
[refer to artists list in first post]

C'mon people. Make a donation to Mari. Perhaps make a pact with another boardie to trade fanart requests on credit.

Last edited by Roberto on Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Chade
Rocket Sophomore

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

$20 just donated. Roberto? I'd like to see your take on Chade. I can email you some pictures of him (it's so wierd to be talking in third person) and the physical portion of his character description, if you PM me your email address.
Stardrake
Suddenly Senior

Location: Performing figure-eights around Scylla and Charybdis

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, I'm at finding-it-difficult-to-bring-those-darned-ends-together levels of broke myself, so I'm going to have to pike this one.
wacko
Jumpin' Junior

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm definitely not ignoring this or anything. It's quite a worthwhile effort to support Maritza-Goddess, and it's impressive that you've got a number of artists together already. Just have to wait till the end of the month to donate...
Roberto
Rocket Sophomore

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chade. Thanks for your donation. I PM'ed your with my email. Send me the pictures quickly so I can start drawing as soon as possible.
Roberto
Rocket Sophomore

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chade wrote:
$20 just donated. Roberto? I'd like to see your take on Chade. I can email you some pictures of him (it's so wierd to be talking in third person) and the physical portion of his character description, if you PM me your email address.

Chade, are you there?
Chade
Rocket Sophomore

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roberto wrote:
Chade wrote:

Chade, are you there?

Sent. Take your time. We don't have any other orders at the moment.
Lightice
Fresher

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is continuing next month, right? I'll be donating as soon as I get my paycheck in about a week.
Roberto
Rocket Sophomore

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightice wrote:
This is continuing next month, right? I'll be donating as soon as I get my paycheck in about a week.

You can enter your donation until December 25
Wraith
Rocket Sophomore

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In lieu of spending money on Black Friday, I'll just donate something here. At least that way the money goes to someone whose work I appreciate Smile $30 in.

I'd love to see someone's take on Wraith, will happily provide any reference material you may want, just PM me.
Roberto
Rocket Sophomore

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two artists at work. Cool
If you think that your character might not be known by Chade, you should PM him first, so no time is wasted.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    maritzacampos.com Forum Index -> College Roomies from Hell!!! All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 1 of 15

Jump to: